Find me at 5 greenway plaza suite c-610, houston texas 77046
*Or* book an espresso bar at your next event! tuscanycoffee@gmail.com

Friday, June 19, 2009

Returned from my first competition


I recently competed in the Coffeefest Las Vegas Millrock Latte Art Contest. This was my first attempt at a coffee competition and was really pleased with the entire thing. I didn;t place in the finals or anything, but I learned a helluva lot of new techniques (thanks to Chris Deferio on that) and met some great people in the industry. Getting my feet wet in the competitive circuit is a big step for what I plan on becoming here in Houston, a definitive go to barista when questions or projects are had. My next competition will be June 28 - 30 in Dallas TX for the Ultimate Barista Challenge. I am lucky enough to have support locally from a great bar in town (Anvil Bar & Refuge) in creating my signature cocktail. Really looking forward to advancing my craft and representing my hometown of Houston TX in the coffee industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment