Find me at 5 greenway plaza suite c-610, houston texas 77046
*Or* book an espresso bar at your next event! tuscanycoffee@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

early beginnings


Coffee started for me at Shakespeare's Coffee Bar in South Houston. I was 16 years old, and the coffee bar instantly became a fixture in my day to day life. I always wanted to work because i was having such a great time connecting with my customers. I loved the idea of being a part of each of their days. That is where it all started. Getting to know all my customers and having awesome conversations. After working at a smoothie/coffee/internet cafe, 2 donut shops, and a few coffee tours later, I became obsessed with what coffee could become! I am really excited about the new ways coffee is being prepared, and always try to learn more about my craft. I have been really inspired by my customers enthusiasm to take the custom coffee experience one step further with me. I have a long ways to go before i am any coffee "guru", if there is such a thing, but i have decided that vertically integrating my coffee geekdom is the next step for me. I want to learn how coffee is grown and processed, meet the farmers, learn the importing processes, roast my own coffee, and learn more ways to prepare something exciting for my customers! I appreciate all the positive thoughts that have been around me since I started my coffee expedition 9 years ago, and hope to share the next experiences with you guys through my little blog here!

No comments:

Post a Comment